Monday, October 29, 2012

Gettin Muh Sweat On + Workout Music

I made it to the gym 3 times this past week and am starting to feel like I'm getting back into my regular groove - where I'm actually looking forward to going to the gym and find myself (dare I say) day-dreaming about working out.

Here's what I did at the gym during my workouts this past Monday, Thursday and Saturday:

10/22
30 mins elliptical
20 squats, 12.5 lbs each hand
60 standing "booty kicks",  30 each leg
80 weighted v-sit twists, holding 12 lbs
40 deadlifts, 12.5 lbs each hand
- :30 plank
- 30 cobras

10/25
10 mins elliptical
12 overhead press, 12 lbs each hand
40 dynamic side planks, 20 each side
12 bicep curls, 10 lbs each hand
on exercise ball, 10 lbs each hand:
   - 12 chest press
12 deltoid flys, 7.5 lbs each hand
40 weighted side bends, 12 lbs each hand
on exercise ball, 10 lbs each hand:
   - 12 chest flys

10/27
30 mins elliptical
30 squats, 12 lbs each shoulder
40 plank knee to elbow, 20 each side
40 weighted calf raises, 12 lbs each hand
50 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
40 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
60 side lunges + plyometric push off, 30 each side
40 weighted side bends, 12 lbs each hand
- 40 bridges
- 1:00 plank
- 30 cobras

workout musicHere's some of the music that randomly came on my iPod while I was working out that I did not skip past:

- Frontin' - Pharell and Jay-Z
- Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
- New Day - Kanye and Jay-Z
- Forever - Chris Brown
- Love Sex Magic - Ciara and Justin Timberlake
- Full Moon - Brandy
- See Me Now - Kanye
- Trapped In Me - Slick Rick
- Unleash the Dragon - Sisqo (< yup, this happened)
- Runaway - Kanye
- Hola Hovito - Jay-Z
- Still Dreaming - Nas and Kanye
- Black Republican - Nas and Jay-Z
- That's My Bitch - Kanye and Jay-Z
- Fu-Gee-La (Refugee Camp Remix) - Fugees
- She Knows What She Wants - Gang Starr
- Don't Say Nothin - The Roots

In other music news, I happened upon some videos on YouTube recently that introduced me to several new-to-me female rappers. Many of them did little to impress me - but then again most rappers don't impress me these days, male or female. One who did stand out to me was a girl (woman I suppose) named Dessa who was not exactly a rapper, but a poet/songstress of sorts. I don't want to even bother trying to categorize her really, because no two songs of hers seemed to sound alike. There was one song in particular, Dixon's Girl, that stuck to my eardrums and has rendered me a bit obsessed for the past 5 days at least. I urge you to listen to this:


I've listened to it so many times that it's on perma-replay in my head now. 

What are your favorite songs to workout to? Who is your favorite female rapper? Mine is Lauryn Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!