Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Empty Frames As Wall Art

Hanging empty frames as wall art... It sounds pretty stupid. But bear with me.

Today's post is a Pinterest Challenge, issued by the most popular homeowners in the world, Sherry and John from Young House Love. The Challenge is simply to recreate a Pinterest project that you've been meaning to tackle.

Admittedly, I've only been "meaning to tackle" this particular Pinterest project for about 2 weeks, which isn't very long in the grand scheme of general procrastination. In addition, I'm aware that this project is incredibly small in scale and not very "challenging" at all. But that's what makes it so fun to try!

Here's my Pinterest inspiration:


It's from Cupcakes and Cashmere, one of my all-time favorite bloggers. A couple of weeks ago she posted some pictures of the interior of her home and the above photo is of her bedroom. I loved loved loved the stupidly simple idea of using mismatched, freshly painted, empty frames as wall art. And since the Salvation Army on Broadway in Vancouver has decently priced frames, I knew that this little decor project would be a quick, easy and affordable one.

Here's my mini version, although since I rent my apartment I wasn't able to exactly match the wall color to the frame color as the above homeowner did:

This was hung in a corner area on "my side" of the bedroom, above a little glass-top Ikea table that I use as a storage area for my jewelry and perfume. It seemed like a nice place for a cluster of cute frames. 




I did originally purchase five frames from Salvay, but ended up having to nix two of them from the final project. One was an odd color/texture that wouldn't take the white paint and instead turned pink (very strange). The other just didn't look great with the other frames, ultimately. There is plenty of room on this wall for me to add more frames to this in the future though, which I will most likely do.  I'll be on the hunt for something with pronounced and interesting texture, because that'll be a perfect addition to this trio.

If you've got a spot on your walls that needs "something," try this out!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!