1. Hip hop/R&B is my favorite type of music and has been for the vast majority of my life.
2. When I was younger I had a real history of falling head over heels in love with boys and staying in love with them for years. My apologies to BJ, Cole, Danny, Mike and Aaron. You probably could have done without my stalker advances from the years 1989-1999.
3. I had my nose pierced in Spring of 2003, so I've had my nose ring for 10 years now!
4. I have two middle names.
5. I still have the teddy bear that I received from my parents the day I was born. His name is Erving and he comes with me everytime I move. I even had him at UMass with me all throughout undergrad.
6. David and I have been dating since September of 2007.
7. I come from an enormous family! My dad is one of thirteen children so I have (at last count) 24 first cousins on that side of the family alone. My mom is one of four children, and I've got 11 first cousins on that side. And then of course many of my first cousins have children themselves (who I believe - please correct me if I'm wrong - are my first cousins, once removed). I have literally lost count of these particular kin - there could be any number of them floating around. I myself am the second oldest of four children.
8. When we'd get into fights when I was younger, I'd scratch my older sister's arms with my fingernails and make her bleed. I feel very bad about this now. Sorry Mallory, I love you!
9. Dave and I have lived together in 5 apartments since September of 2008.
10. I've lived in 9 different apartments since September 2004
11. I played on travel soccer teams almost every single year between fifth grade and twelfth grade.
12. I made my high school's varsity soccer team as a freshman...
13. ... I'm not actually that great at soccer, I was just a pretty fast runner.
14. I CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT stand the taste of olives! If one single olive has made it onto a plate, it ruins the entire dish for me. Olives are most definitely my most hated food.
15. Ever since sixth grade, I've had a tendency to faint and have fainted about 15 times in my life. (Coincidentally, I even just fainted again a few nights ago.) Most of the faintings have come right after a "medical scare" (whether it's a cut on my thumb or an injured back or a torn ACL).
16. I quit the JV basketball team in 10th grade because I couldn't stand the humiliation of my inability to make a layup. My speed meant that I was often by myself on a breakaway sprint towards the basket... and being by yourself at the end of a basketball court and missing your layup is embarrassing enough. But have it happen over and over and over and over and over again... and you may start feeling like maybe basketball isn't your sport. I did, however, start keeping stats for our JV/Varsity girls basketball teams after I quit playing, so I got to travel to all the games anyway. :)
17. I went to college at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst and graduated magna cum laude in 2006 with a degree in Communications. I have no intentions of going to grad school.
18. My first CD ever was CrazySexyCool by TLC, and I think it was an excellent first CD to own.
19. I was always very, very good at understanding and remembering lyrics to songs. I'm so good at it that it doesn't impress me when other people are. At all. So, don't brag to me that you can remember all the words to a song, because I will tell you that I can remember all the words to ALL THE SONGS, EVER.
20. I was voted Most Dramatic in high school.
21. I was also hysterically voted second runner up prom queen my senior year in high school. This was not something I campaigned for and still cracks me up to this day.
22. I wear a size 8 or 8.5 shoe.
23. I'm 5'4.5" but I tell everyone that I'm 5'5".
24. Canada is the only country in which I've ever used my passport.
25. I'm a very fast typist, but I'm not sure if that's very impressive in this day and age?
26. I had my belly button pierced shortly after my 16th birthday.
27. I'm not a very strong swimmer.
28. I don't like even numbers and sometimes take steps to avoid them or actively make biased choices against them. My favorite numbers are 13, 3, and 21.
29. I ran track in high school - the 4x100 relay, 100m, 200m, occasional 400m (death) and occasional high jump. Track made me feel so incredibly anxious before every race that it made me want to vom.
30. I've jumped into Crater Lake in Oregon (see the left side of my blog header for photo proof) and it was cold. As. Shit.
31. I remember when my little sister Markie came home from the hospital as a newborn, when I was 7 years old. I have a memory of sneaking into her room to pick her up out of her cradle and hold her when no adults were watching. Don't worry, I was very careful.
32. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip and has been for as long as I can remember.
33. I don't like dogs (or really any pets). Contrary to VERY popular belief, this does NOT make me a bad or evil person.
34. I wore braces on my teeth for 3 years, 4 months and 5 days. I got them during the spring of fifth grade, had them allllll throughout middle school, and didn't get them removed until the summer between 8th and 9th grade. No one else has worn braces for this long. No one. I used to have a huuuuge gap between my two front teeth and when I first got my braces, kids made fun of me saying that it looked like "a bridge over the Grand Canyon."
35. I was once part of a group of a dozen or so girls who dressed up and performed the "King of New York" song/dance from Newsies in a high school talent show.
36. I'm not a vegetarian but I don't like eating meat or poultry. It really weirds me out and I have to try really hard not to think about it while I'm eating it. It's not an animal welfare thing for me, so much as it just really gives me the weirds to think about the fact that what I'm eating used to be alive.
37. I'm a Scorpio. And you know what that means.
38. I loooooooooove ice cream. So much so that when I cut it out of my diet, I drop weight.
39. I very rarely drink alcohol. I've always gotten bad hangovers quite easily so I eventually just began avoiding alcohol. I swear it's not because I am a bad time or that I don't like fun. Please see point #45.
40. At one point when I was in elementary school, my mother purchased an electronic device called a TV Allowance which made it so that none of us could turn on the TV unless we punched in our unique 4-digit code. As soon as we turned on the television, our weekly TV allowance of FOUR hours (that's four hours a week!!) began counting down. When our four hours were up, the TV would simply shut off. Fahk.
41. My parents blocked MTV from our television when we were growing up. This meant that if you were scrolling through the channels, it would skip over Channel 23 (MTV). However, if you just typed in the numbers 2-3, you'd still get to MTV just fine.
43. I'm completely embarrassed of singing in front of people, in any sort of a serious context.
44. Despite that above fear, I have performed singing in school talent shows twice before. Once was in 7th or 8th grade and it was a total bomb because the microphone wasn't working when it was handed to me so I decided on the freaking fly to sing without the microphone. So naturally, no one except the front row could hear me... but I could hear the entire audience of kids laughing at me loud and clear! #Ouch. The second time, in 11th grade, was much more fun, as my friend Jamie and I performed a parody song we'd written of Britney Spears' Oops I Did It Again. Our performance even included back-up dancing "skanks" and featured my older sister coming onstage in an astronaut costume at one point. You can only imagine that it was epic. (The "King of New York" performance from fact #35 was not live singing; we lip-synched over that track.)
45. Once in college, I successfully funneled an entire 40oz. There is a video of this somewhere. I was instantly hammered. There was definitely vomit later that night. I do not regret it.
46. I wrote lots of stories in elementary school and wrote tons of songs in middle school (complete with melodies and CD cover designs... not kidding).
47. I get motion sickness on everythinnnng: cars, boats, buses, elevators, carnival rides, planes. YOU FREAKING NAME IT.
48. I currently own 111 nail polishes. This does not include top/base coats.
It was a ton of fun to think of all of these! I hope you've learned something here today. Or 50 somethings. Since this is a TAG, I'm tagging the following bloggers to tackle this topic too:
Lauren @ Much Ado About Somethin'
Emily @ Osborne || My Life in Words
Angie @ Angie's Boblog
Even if you're not one of the above tagged bloggers, I would seriously love to hear one random fact about you in the comments below!