Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Foliage Around Vancouver

This is my second fall here in Vancouver, and it's just as lovely this year as it was when we first arrived to Canada last October.  The weather is constantly shifting between stretches of beautiful blue days and stretches of grey/overcast/rainy days, which keeps things interesting... and green!

Sunny Vancouver fall day, Kitsilano Beach
.  my beach  .
One of the things that surprised me last October was that Vancouver actually gets some beautiful foliage this time of year. Having moved from the Northeast to the Northwest, I was expecting to be disappointed by any fall leaves other than those of my beloved New England. But you know what? Vancouver's leaves aren't bad. They're not bad at all!

Sunny Vancouver fall day, orange foliage

Sunny Vancouver fall day, red foliage

Fall colors, Vancouver



Vancouver foliage, downtown

For the last week or so, though, Vancouver has been coated in a thick fog - some days more whited-out than others. Dave and I took a walk on the beach a few days ago and I snapped this picture of the mountains north of the city... or what you can see of them through the fog:

Foggy Vancouver, Kitsilano Beach
These pictures are from a walk we took Tuesday night - the fog is swallowing the Burrard Bridge:

Foggy Vancouver, Burrard Bridge



Foggy Vancouver, Burrard Bridge





(As a reminder, here's what it looks like on a sunny day:)

Vancouver, Burrard Bridge
But yesterday, while working in my living room, I glanced out the window and noticed that the sky had turned blue for a few moments, so I took this photo quickly before it was all covered by fog again:

Orange foliage, fall, Vancouver











So it's not exactly a New England fall around here, but it's still got its flashes of color and pizzazz. Hopefully this fog doesn't last for too much longer though - it's borderline creepy. Also, it makes it incredibly hard to drive at night, as it turns out. #CantSeeShit.

Do you live in a place where the leaves turn colors in the fall? Have you been getting any of this crazy fog??

Find me on Facebook!
~ Holla @ me on Twitter ~
Follow on Bloglovin

{Linking up with Show & Share}

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Today is looking sunny - hopefully it stays that way!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks lady! Love your fall pics! It hasn't really hit the trees in Nashville yet, so I'm still waiting! :O)

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos! Fall has been really pretty and spooky the last little while, but as usual, if there is no rain, we're pretty happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne! Honestly I'm even happy in the rain - I've got the right rain-gear to keep me dry and content :)

      Delete
  4. What amazing foliage! Are those berries?
    It's so weird that the fog is at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the fall colors. And the fog pics are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING post:) your blog is so cute and Im happy to follow

    Check out my new post...stylish designer dinner furniture:)

    Have a lovely week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!