Sunday, March 2, 2014

Workouts of the Week... and Waffles

Hellllllo and Happy March to you!

This weekend has been a combination of indulgent and productive so far. I finally got my taxes in order, so that's one responsible thing to cross off my list. This will be my first tax season where I've got to deal with the "contractor" income that I made in the past year, so it remains to be seen exactly how much I will owe the US government. Hopefully it's nothing too shocking that I am unprepared for.

I assume you came here to read about my taxes, right? Oh... you didn't? Mmk, well then how about you check out this Instagram picture of a delicious Belgian waffle that I enjoyed on Friday night:

Waffles with fruit and berries and whipped cream from Nero Belgian Waffle Bar in Vancouver
.  mmmmm  .

My friend Rose and I met up for a cappuccino and some waffles at Nero Belgian Waffle Bar on Robson St. in Vancouver. It was a really nice way to unwind after the work week! I ordered their "Heaven" waffle, which was a crispy Belgian waffle served with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Rose had a fruity waffle covered in kiwi, banana, mixed berries, orange slices, and whipped cream. Nero has a really delicious selection of toppings - even some savory ones! I can't wait to bring Dave there sometime - I think he'll enjoy it.

But don't worry guys, I did go to the gym before the waffle bar (all of my workouts are listed below!), plus had a decently healthy few days worth of eating leading up to that as well. So Friday pre-dinner dessert waffles were most certainly in order. #SawryImNotSawry. #EatinAllTheWaffles.

My Saturday started a bit later than usual - I didn't wake up till about 9:40! Usually I'm awake by 8:30 on the weekends. So I got up, snapped some photos for a few different blogs, mailed out my tax stuff, bought two new Maybelline Color Show nail polishes from Shoppers Drug Mart (this one and this one), scoped out Urban Outfitters (nearly buying these boots), bought a delicious Cookies 'n Cream donut from Lucky's Doughnuts on 4th Ave (which I later shared with David over teatime), and went to the gym. Told you it's been a mix of indulgent and productive!

No idea what today has in store. We were thinking of going somewhere for a hike, but it's not supposed to be that nice outside, so that may deter us. It's been awhile since I've gone hiking, but sometimes it's not as fun when the weather is too crappy for any nice views. So it may be a more low-key day! We'll see. 

Here are all of my workouts from the past week: 

2/24 (cardio)
20 mins rowing machine
5 mins stair stepper

2/26 (lower body and core)
5 mins elliptical
15 squats holding 25 lbs
30 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs    
40 calf raises, 12.5 lbs each hand
15 deadlifts, 12.5 lbs each hand
30 cobras

2/28 (upper body and core)
2 mins jumping jacks
12 chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
20 weighted crunches on exercise ball, holding 12.5 lbs
12 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 12.5 lbs each hand
20 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs    
12 Arnold press, 10 lbs each hand
12 bent over rows each arm, holding 12.5 lbs
12 deltoid flys, 7.5 lbs each hand
40 alternating weighted side bends, 12.5 lbs each hand
12 deltoid raises, 7.5 lbs each hand
30 cobras
15 squats, holding 25 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

3/1 (lower body and core)
3 mins jumping jacks
15 squats, 25 lbs
20 Russian get ups, holding 5 lbs
40 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
40 side lunges + plyometric push off (each side)
20 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
60 bridges
1:00 plank
15 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
30 cobras
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs
5 mins rowing machine

I've enjoyed adding the rowing machine into my gym routine lately. Sometimes the very idea of getting onto the elliptical gives me the Debs. I tried out the stair stepper this week too - and good god is that thing difficult. I sweat more in the 5 minutes spent on the stepper than I did in the 20 minutes spent on the row machine! So that will be something I'll have to ease into. I don't know how some people spend a half hour on the stair stepper. They must be punishing themselves for something.

Random sidebar - if you're going to do a few minutes of jumping jacks, do it while listening to Kanye West's Black Skinhead. It's literally the perfect tempo for jumping jacks... it actually had me smiling while I was jumping.

What have you been up to this weekend? 

Are you watching the Oscars tonight? 

Have you ever been to a waffle bar before??

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST

2 comments:

  1. lady, i'm gonna start steaing your workous. looks like we have the same general set of stuff and i'm always happy to pick up some new things.
    and i've been to nero once. its right by the bf's place actually. i had their orange choclate one. so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, we can be workout buddies from afar haha. Mmm the orange chocolate sounds so good!!

      Delete

Leave me some love!