Sunday, March 16, 2014

Workouts of the Week + Digging Into Netflix

We finally finished watching Breaking Bad last week, so this weekend was one for digging deeper into the bowels of Netflix to see what else we could discover in there. This resulted in us watching Lost In Translation (Friday night), The Peacemaker (Saturday afternoon), and even a little bit of The Emperor's New Groove (Saturday night in bed).

I didn't care for Lost In Translation at all - it was terribly boring for me. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, nothing happened in the entire movie. To boot, Scarlett Johansson's character's voice was ultra-annoying - she gave a meek-yet-breathless delivery of all of her lines, which kind of made me want to punch her in the stomach. Hard.

The Peacemaker with George Clooney and Nicole Kidman was decent - in a timely "Isn't Russia terrifying?" type of way. I like action movies, so this was more my speed than the movie we'd watched the night before.

We watched about a half hour of The Emperor's New Groove in bed last night. I've been trying to make Dave watch this movie forever.  I liked it so much when it came out originally (back in 2000) that I went and saw it in the theaters twice at the time! It's terribly hard to get Dave to ever watch a Disney movie, so having him agree to watching even 30 minutes of it was a win for me ;)

Weekend breakfast: Orange slices, fried eggs, coffee, toast, spinach salad and bacon
.  saturday morning breakfast instagram  .


In addition to watching movies this weekend, we also took a beach walk in the pouring rain yesterday afternoon near Dave's UBC campus. It was nice to take a walk on a beach we hadn't been on before, and we even got to see a bunch of seals playing in the water! I wanted to bring my camera so badly, but I knew that the pouring rain was just not going to be conducive to taking pictures.

In other news, I was pretty much killin' it at the gym this week. My shoulders are soooo sore right now! Hopefully I didn't pull something... Here's an outline of my workouts from the past week:

3/9 (lower body and core)
10 mins rowing machine
2x:
   - 12 squats, holding 25 lbs
   - 20 Russian get ups holding 8 lbs
   - 40 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
   - 20 weighted v-sit twists holding 15 lbs
   - 60 bridges
   - 50 Brazilian crunches
   - 40 side lunges + plyometric pushoff (each side)

3/10 (upper body and core)
5 mins biking 
3x:
   - 12 chest press on exercise ball, 15 lbs each hand
   - 12 bent over rows each arm, 15 lbs
   - 20 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
   - 12 Arnold press, 10 lbs each hand
12 squats, holding 10 lbs
12 squats holding 15 lbs
12 squats holding 20 lbs

3/11 (cardio)
10 mins rowing machine
25 mins bicycle

3/13 (lower body and core)
5 mins elliptical
2x:
   - 30 alternating side step squats, holding 15 lbs
   - 30 weighted v-sit twists, holding 15 lbs
   - 40 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
   - 30 diamond clamshells on each leg
   - 15 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
   - 30 cobras
12 squats, holding 15 lbs
12 squats, holding 20 lbs
12 squats, holding 25 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

3/14 (upper body and core)
5 mins biking
4x:
   - 12 deltoid flys, 5 lbs each hand
   - 20 weighted v-sit twists, holding 12.5 lbs
   - 12 deltoid raises, 5 lbs each hand
   - 20 alternating weighted side bends, 12.5 lbs each hand
   - 12 tricep kickbacks each arm, 5 lbs
   - 20 lying overhead raise + double crunch, holding 5 lbs
   - 24 alternating medicine ball flys with 8 lb medicine ball
   - 30 cobras
12 squats, holding 15 lbs
12 squats, holding 20 lbs
12 squats, holding 25 lbs

That last arm workout was a doozie... I don't normally do 4 sets of exercises! Stopping after 3 sets was the original plan but then I thought that I could handle another round. That's probably why I'm so sore today!

It's another rainy, grey day today, so there might be some more Netflix movies in my future. Do you have any random movie recommendations?

Have a great Sunday!

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Oooh!! I haven't seen the emperors new groove in so long!! Love that movie! I've been watching once upon a time. It's not like anything I'd normally like but it's oddly addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to start watching Breaking Bad. I just finished 3 seasons of walking dead but season 4 is kind of eh to me, and people are saying breaking bad is the best ever!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend Breaking Bad! I watched the first 1 or 2 episodes of Walking Dead, but didn't really get into it. Maybe because I don't like scary things!

      Delete

Leave me some love!