Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Workouts of the Week

Guys, as we speak, my butt, thighs and hamstrings hurt SO much. That means that my Friday lower body workout was a good one, not that I was beaten up by a pack of short bullies.

5/12 (upper body)
5 mins elliptical
12 chest press on exercise ball, 15 lbs each hand
12 deltoid flys, 8 lbs each hand
12 bent over rows each arm, 15 lbs each hand
12 deltoid raises, 8 lbs each hand
12 close grip chest press on exercise ball, 15 lbs each hand
12 overhead press, 15 lbs each hand
12 lat pulldowns, 30 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 40 lbs
12 lat pulldowns, 50 lbs

5/13 (core)
3:30 jumping jacks
30 weighted v-sit twists holding 15 lbs
30 Russian get ups, holding 8 lbs
30 alternating weighted side bends, 15 lbs each hand
30 crunches on exercise ball, holding 15 lbs
30 cobras
15 sumo squats, 15 lbs
15 sumo squats, 20 lbs
15 sumo squats, 25 lbs

5/14 (cardio)
10 mins elliptical
10 mins bike
10 mins row machine

5/16 (lower body)
3:10 jumping jacks
40 split lunges each leg, 5 lbs each hand
15 deadlifts, 15 lbs each hand
40 single leg bridges, each leg
60 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
15 squats, holding 30 lbs
40 side lunges + plyometric push offs (20 holding 5 lbs in front, 20 without), each side
60 calf raises, 15 lbs each hand
40 diamond clamshells each leg
12 sumo squats, holding 15 lbs
12 sumo squats, holding 20 lbs
12 sumo squats, holding 25 lbs

So I wish there were some fabulous weekend happenings to report around here, but it's been a super low-key and low-productivity weekend since David came home on Friday. I've just been enjoying having him back and relaxing around the house with him. Last night we went out to dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Kibune, and then finished the night with Ben & Jerry's ice cream and a movie - We're the Millers. There were some good laughs in there - thanks for the recommendation Jennie!

Today I've got to get back to the gym to try to work through some of this muscle soreness. It's so rare that I get this sore from a workout, which really makes me concerned that I'm typically not pushing myself enough. Do you guys get pretty sore after all/most of your workouts? Or just occasionally? TELL ME. MAKE ME FEEL NORMAL. And if you want your butt to hurt really bad - like you just kicked your ass's ass - then try out the 5/16 lower body workout listed above, with very little rest between each exercise.

I hope you're having a good weekend and that your own workouts are going well! Do you keep a log of your workouts like I do? If you blog your workouts, share a link with me because I love reading other people's routines.

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. SO i did a legs day yesterday and my butt and thighs are SO IN PAIN right now. lol. arrgghhhh someone massage me.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you should have seen me begging my boyfriend to massage my butt last night haha. Not a standard request from me.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to steal your core and lower body workouts this week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!